Safer Chemicals in Manufacturing
- December 8, 2021
- 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
The 16th Annual BizNGO Meeting is for businesses and NGOs committed to embarking on the journey to safer chemicals. These sessions are held virtually.
Session 3. Safer Chemicals in Manufacturing (December 8th at 11:00am-12:30pm EST)
Engage in the journey to safer chemicals in manufacturing with businesses, NGOs, and labor. Facilitator: Cheri Peele, Chemical Footprint Project Program Manager, Clean Production Action Speakers
- Charlotte Brody, Associate Director, Health Initiatives, BlueGreen Alliance
- Highlighting solutions to safer chemicals in manufacturing and why they matter to workers
- Shari Franjevic, GreenScreen Program Manager, Clean Production Action
- Sharing how GreenScreen Certified is bringing safer chemicals to manufacturing through the recently released Standard on Cleaners & Degreasers in Manufacturing
- Jennifer Reece, Sustainable Materials Innovation Manager, HP Inc.
- Revealing lessons learned in piloting the Chemical Footprint Project’s manufacturing module
Schedule 11:00 Presentations11:40 Questions & Answers11:50 Small groups
- How should environmental justice & safer chemicals in manufacturing interconnect?
- Which chemicals should be included in manufacturing restricted substances lists (MRSLs)?
- How can we accelerate demands for the use of inherently safer chemicals in manufacturing (as opposed to better exposure and pollution controls)?
12:15 Report backs & wrap up2:30 Adjourn